Fort Pitt

Fort Pitt
Center of the ohio country universe

Friday, August 27, 2010

looking at old stuff













SO today I got some kewl stuff in the mail (you'd be amazed at the places you can make deals for old stuff lol) I picked up a nice shirt buckle, oval striker, awl, thimble, arrowhead and some tinkle cones. SO i figured I'd share them here. The one thing that you cant get from the pix is the thinness of the items. the striker is hella thin. In fact I haven't seen any repros made to this thickness (all too chunky)
I've also posted some pix of the knives I own just for ppl to get ideas from. I passed the largest one off to Ken Gahagan to repro for me. I was able to examine a few repro scalpers by Rich Worthington at the cla show so hopefully I'll be able to review some of them in the near future. I also ordered the same knife from Ken Hamilton, Joseph Privott and rick Guthrie so as soon as I have all three I'll post some info on them. enjoy the old stuff


1 comment:

  1. "I was able to examine a few repro scalpers by Rich Worthington at the cla show so hopefully I'll be able to review some of them in the near future."

    As a fellow Wisconsinite (where Rich is), I have handled a number of his knives and recently acquired one for myself... AWESOME. They are hella thin and uber sharp. Correct dimensions, pins, and handle wood (Paduk/Camwood). Absolutely the stuff... now just to make a new sheath for it ;-)

    ReplyDelete